Envisioning and Testing New Models of Sustainable Energy Cooperation and Services in Industrial Parks
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 785134
S-PARCS presents a sound concept for reducing energy costs and energy consumption in industrial parks, while, at the same time, increasing renewable on-site energy production.
The pre-assessment of the seven Lighthouse Parks from Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Austria, which participate in the study, has shown a high potential for joint energy actions, many of which are transferrable to the community of S-PARCS Followers in the UK, Sweden, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Portugal, Austria and Norway.
A large Follower Community
Experience in energy efficiency:
Public-private consortium of approximatively 80 companies as well as the local municipality of San Miniato.
- Energy cooperation is considered as a chance to highlight the efforts of industrial park towards a low carbon economy.
- Reduction of energy costs.
- Energy autonomy in order to avoid the risks associated with the volatility of energy prices and enhance the use of potential energy inp
Borealis, Chemiepark Linz
- Reduction of energy costs: competitiveness
- Become greener: improve external image & work on Social responsibility
The S-Parcs Project